I am currently a PhD student working on enzyme based fast biosensor project to study neuronal communication in Ann-Sofie Cans Group. I came to Sweden for a master degree of Biotechnology in tissue engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in 2011 with a bachelor degree of Bioengineering.
- Ultrafast Glutamate Biosensor Recordings in Brain Slices Reveal Complex Single Exocytosis Transients. Wang Y, Mishra D, Bergman J, Keighron JD, Skibicka KP, Cans A-S.* ACS Chem. Neurosci. DOI:10.1021/acschemneuro.8b00624. In press.
- Co-Detection of Dopamine and Glucose with High Temporal Resolution. Bergman, J. Mellander, L., Wang, Y., Cans, A-S.* Catalysts. 2018;8(1). doi:10.3390/catal8010034.
- Counting the Number of Enzymes Immobilized onto a Nanoparticle Coated Electrode. Bergman J., Wang Y., Wigström J., and Cans A-S.* (2017) Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- Keighron, J. D., Wigström, J., Kurczy, M. E., Bergman, J., Wang, Y., & Cans, A.-S. (2015). Amperometric Detection of Single Vesicle Acetylcholine Release Events from an Artificial Cell. ACS Chemical Neuroscience, 6(1), 181–188.
- Wang, Y. (2014) High Content Screening of Cellular Blebbing to Predict Sensitizing Potential of Contact Allergens. Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology
- The Pittsburgh Conference & Exposition 2016 (PITCCON 2016) at Atlanta, U.S.A, March, 2016
- Biophysical Society (PBS) 60th Annual Meeting at Los Angeles, U.S.A. February, 2016
- Poster for the 16th Beijing Conference and Exhibition on Instrumental Analysis, China, 2015 Oct 27-30
- Poster for the International Symposium on In Vivo Analysis, Beijing, China, 2015 Oct 25-26
- Advance Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 4th Annual Meeting, Brastad, Sweden, 2015 Aug 24-26
- Nobel Workshop, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2015 May 4-8
- Poster for the 59th Biophysical Society Conference, Baltimore, U.S., 2015 Feb 7-11
- Advance Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 3rd Annual Meeting, Uddevalla, Sweden, 2014 Jun 16-18
- Poster for the 6th Occupational and Environmental Exposure of Skin to Chemicals Conference, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2013 Jun 2-5
- Poster for Application of Nanodrogd in Photodynamic Therapy Summer School and Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2013 Apr 9-12
- Presentation of Innovitro project at SkinResQU Seminar, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2013 Feb 28
- Physical Chemistry
- Determination of Dissociation Energy of Iodine by Spectroscopy method
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Vegetables pH indicators
- Theoretical molecular calculations: 3D geometry, energy, and molecular orbitals.
- Basic operations in the laboratory: Extraction/Crystallization/Distillation
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry
-High Performance Liquid Chromatography_Determination of Caffeine and Benzoic Acid in Coffee
-Spectrophotometry: Determination of Fluoride in Tooth Paste
- 2014-current PhD student in Ann-Sofie Cans Group, Chalmers University of Technology (CTH), Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2012-2013 Master Thesis in Biomedical Photonics Group, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2011-2013 Master in Biotechnology, Chalmers University of Technology (CTH), Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2013 Jun – Nov Project Assistant, Innovitro AB, Sweden
The work in Innovitro AB was a further research of my master thesis project which intended to develop a novel in vitro method called HaptoGrade. HaptoGrade method which has been patented by Innovitro AB measures the blebbing response together with other morphologic changes of cells to chemicals to grade sensitizing potency of chemicals, instead of animals. I was responsible for performing two blind tests for a major chemical company and a major fragrance company, respectively. This job added me skills in cellular cultivation, imaging live cells using high content screening microscopy. I was more confident of my ability to plan my own experiments, analyzing a large amount of data and presenting the complex data to my colleagues.
- 2013 Sept - Oct Scientist, Medibiome AB, Sweden
During the 2 months of work in Medibiome AB as a scientist, I got practical experience of gram staining and cultivating human skin and microorganism. I documented about 30 common apparatus and 20 specious of microorganism in the laboratory, wrote study protocol with detail steps, time plan and budget for a tender, and communicated with our suppliers and customers when necessary.
- 2012 Sept - 2013 Jun Master thesis, Biomedical Photonics Group, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
I finished a 60 credits master thesis to further develop and optimize HaptoGrade method during this period. I independently planed and performed experiments involving cellular cultivation, live cell imaging using optical microscopy, analyzing 50,000 images and assisting IT technicians from Fraunhofers to develop the automated software. I also independently set up another immortalized cell line (i.e. HaCaT) which might be used as a substitute. Besides, I prepared several posters and made oral presentations at different international conferences (e.g. OEESC conference in Netherlands, 2013).
- 2012 Jan - May Research Assistant, Magle Life Sciences AB, Sweden
I co-cultured mouse fibroblasts and human endothelial cells with different starch microspheres for a half-year course project in CTH. Its aim is to develop a novel microsphere which can assist wound healing. The attachment of cells to microsphere was observed using fluorescent microscopy, and images were analyzed via Image J. This project added me knowledge in wound healing process and different inflammatory diseases (e.g. diabetes) as well.
- Chalmers Research Fund, Chalmers University of Technology, 2015 & 2017
- IPOET scholarship, Chalmers University of Technology, 2011-2013